Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dear Matty

A few of my favorite mommy bloggers wrote weekly letters to their unborn children while pregnant with them, and many continue to do so once the baby is born. I have wanted to do this for some time now, but I just actually wrote my first letter tonight. Being that I consider writing to be my passion, I am ashamed of the lack of writing and record keeping I have done for Matty thus far. I am hopeful that I can write a letter at least once a month, if not more. I plan to also create a keepsake journal with these letters and some of my other posts for Matty to look back on when he is older.


Dear Matty,


Just put you to bed, and I must say, it has become one of the most rewarding and emotional times of our day. It all starts with you saying your good nights: dada, the trains {the ones that get left behind in the playroom because you can’t carry them all} stuey and lili, your dog tent in the living room even. I can do no justice in attempting to describe how my heart feels when your sweet little voice calls out your good nights. We brush your teeth and then play in mama and dada’s bed for few minutes. Next, we head to your bedroom and change your diaper and put on your pjs. I place you in your crib. You, head turned to the right, stare adoringly at the photo of me and dada that we keep in your crib, trains clasped in your hands. I stare at you for a few minutes, unwilling to turn out the light and leave you. I want to scoop you back up and cover you in kisses and bring you into bed with mama and dada. Only I know better, because you will never go to sleep in our bed because you will think it is playtime. I turn out the light and wonder what you will dream of tonight. May they be as sweet as you. Good night baby boy.


Love,
Mama


Photobucket

No comments: