Saturday, February 5, 2011

I love you oh so well, like a kid loves candy and fresh snow.

Guess what? It's snowing/sleeting/freezing raining AGAIN. I am ready for spring and the thaw that accompanies it, but I do appreciate the beauty of winter. This is a shot I took during the ice storm earlier this week:


Unfortunately, I have not taken Matty out into the snow to play at all this year! And now it is all jagged and crunchy because it is covered with ice. But have no fear, there is talk of some super spectacular snow storm next week, so perhaps I'll have the opportunity to do so with a fresh batch.  I still need to pick him up snow boots. Just call me Slacker mom for now on, thank you very much.

I would like to say happy birthday to my ridiculously cool grandma. No worries, Gigi! We will be celebrating tonight regardless of the weather! Matty's napping right now so that he is ready to party with ya later.  Put on your dancing shoes ;)

Even though it's my grandma's birthday today, I can't help but think of my grandpa in heaven.  My grandma and grandpa were soul mates and I'm sure that even though we try to make her day super special, it just doesn't compare to what my grandpa would have done ...so here's to you grandma and grandpa.  I love you both oh so well...





Photobucket

No comments: