Saturday, March 12, 2011

sweet dreams

On the weekdays, I hardly ever see Matty in the a.m., which his a major reason why bedtime has become such a special time for us.  A few times this past week, I let him fall asleep in our bed and then transferred him in the middle of the night.  There is just something indescribable about these moments!  We play for a bit and as he gets sleepier he gets sillier.  When he gets a bit out of hand, I say to him, "ok, we're going to Matty's bed" and he immediately lies down and says "go night night."  A few seconds later he is back at it again, I tell him we're going to his room and we do the same routine a few times. After he finally settles down, he'll turn to me, grab me and says "hold you, hold you." Complete mush is the only way to describe my heart at this point. I love the sleepy smiles I get as he drifts into slumber, and I can only guess it's because his heart is so happy! I know mine is!

This past Tuesday was a rare occasion, but I was gone before he woke and came home after he was already asleep! It was really hard on me. That said, I made sure that we had mommy and Matty time before work on Wednesday. Here are a few shots from our morning. I'm really smitten with this sweater I thrifted a few weeks ago...he looks like such a big kid in it!


And yes, I am fully aware that he is in major need of a haircut!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Missy said...

I hope our future kid is silly when he gets sleepy. My friend's kid gets destructive and violent when he's sleepy. I like your boy's method better. ;)
And he looks like a total cutie pie in his sweater!