Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Night and I'm still Awake...

As I begin this post, it is almost 11:15 p.m. Normally, I would be asleep by now because 4:45 a.m. on Monday morning requires an early bedtime, but in honor of Memorial Day {BIG thank you to all who have and do serve our country}, the office is closed so I can stay up past bedtime and blog!

Later in the week, I will be posting about our lovely long weekend. It will be complete with photos from our new Nikon D5000!  It's our first digital slr and I am super excited about it. Stay tuned for that, but for tonight, I just wanted to share one of my favorite vintage possessions {blackberry pics leave much to be desired}...


It was published in 1968 by Hallmark Cards, Inc. Isn't it amazing? The artwork is breathtaking and the sayings are simple, yet true. I can't wait for Matty to appreciate it.

A few of my favorites...
 The world is so full of a number of things, 
I'm sure we should all be happy as kings.

 If a task is once begun, 
never leave it till it's done. 
Be the labor great or small, 
do it well or not at all.

The little cares that fretted me, 
I lost them yesterday 
among the fields above the sea, 
among the winds at play.

Photobucket

No comments: