Thursday, June 2, 2011

turn that frown upside down

Both Matty and I have been a bit cranky lately and I am not sure which of us is worse {actually, I am positive it's ME}. Matt's been dealing with both of us, plus the stress of a new job, so kudos, kisses and hugs to him!  I am going to blame some of it on the fact that it's been hot {though today was absolutely perfect} and although we have central air, the bedrooms are upstairs and do not cool properly, so I haven't been sleeping well. Plus Matty has been waking up in the middle of the night, probably because he is hot. We're also going through a stage where Matty pretty much wants to do things his way and only his way. Frustrating.

Admittedly, I have been a word that rhymes with witch and as much as I hate it, I can't seem to stop it.

Looking back at the photos from our holiday weekend, I feel like I wasn't really ever there in the moment and that makes me sad. My mind was wandering about all of the items I wanted to check off my mental to do list. I hate that when I am completing chores and errands, I am thinking how all I want to do is just RELAX with my boys and when I get the chance to relax, I think about all of the work that needs to be done. Ugh. I also have a ton of writing/crafting projects in this brain of mine, which I can't find the time to work on. My framed poetry for my Etsy shop that I refer to in my about me section is far far far from becoming a reality!

I feel better writing it all out. I believe life is about balance, but it is not easy to achieve with only 24 hours in a day. I will keep striving toward it and will definitely be working on my attitude which has been sour lately. I 100% agree with the quote "happiness is not a destination, it is a journey." I just need to snap out of it. That said, I leave you with one of my favorite photos from this past weekend.  It totally sums up how I want to feel about life every.single.day. Carefree and cherishing the simple things. Even though Matty has been a handful lately, he always manages to bring my heart back to a peaceful and happy place and reminds me of the person I want to be...



Photobucket

No comments: