Sunday, November 6, 2011

Come Back Here

Matty likes to run. And he likes us to chase after him. He also saves us time by yelling "come back here" as he takes off running. Too cute. I know one day that I will reflect on this and hear my little two-year-old mocking me and part of my heart will be calling "come back here" to those moments that passed way too quickly.


I love the sentiment expressed in Ashley Campbell's diy here. I definitely want to make it and hang it in our home as a reminder that "this too shall pass." As comforting as that statement can be in troublesome times, it is equally as important in regard to embracing all of the positive in your life. After all, that's what gets us through the tough times.

Today we "gained an hour." Nonetheless, I still have an unfinished to do list. Life can be overwhelming and busy, but I don't want to miss the moments that matter most. I want to be present. Easier said than done. It's hard to not feel guilty about not checking off as many items as possible on your to do list, but playing, kissing, hugging and loving should be at the top of that list! I constantly have to remind myself of this so that I don't just "go through the motions" of spending time with my guys. I want to devote quality time to them, shut off my mind and just. simply. be.

No comments: