Thursday, July 15, 2010

Every Girl Needs...

Today, while at Target on my lunch hour, I could not resist buying a pink plastic tiki man cup. He was only 48 cents! While checking out, I wondered how much money I had spent in my lifetime buying items simply because they were on clearance. I probably would have a huge head start on Matty's college fund with all of those "must have" bargains!

What is the silliest purchase you ever made off of the clearance rack?

My find today reminded me of a poem I wrote almost three years ago. I wrote it after coming home from a shopping trip to, you guessed it, Target!

Enjoy!

Orange Stickers

On Saturday
afternoon,
I went out
with myself,
found my
smile amidst
the clearance items.
3 hours later
driving home,
singing all the
wrong notes,
thinking
shit
I spent
too
much,
it hit me—
I am happy.
And I can't
wait to
get home
to tell him
that I spent
too much
and to pretend
to be sorry
as he pretends
to be angry.

2 comments:

Cinny said...

lol, love the poem....I have to agree...i think shoes...i see shoes on sale...and I'll buy them and then I wear them once...maybe twice...its so bad!

Thanks for following me, I'm now following you back. Have a great weekend.

http://whirlwindofsurprises.blogspot.com/

Deb said...

Thanks! You too :)