Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"What's for Dinner?" Wednesday

No cooking for this mama tonight! That's right, because it's my 30th birthday! My wonderful parents had us over for dinner and my dad made me authentic Chinese, which we washed down with birthday cake. Well, I enjoyed my cake after I gave Matty a bath:


Not only was today my birthday, but it was also my first day back at work after a two week vacation; however, it was not nearly as painful as I had imagined...haha.

I had a lovely little day, but my favorite part occurred around 2 a.m. which I guess technically wasn't my birthday yet because I wasn't born until somewhere between 9 and 10 a.m. I think, but close enough...you see, my lil monkey's sleep patterns were off a bit while we were away ( a few nights in KC, he ended up in bed with us in the middle of the night). That said, this morning, he woke up around 1:45 a.m. We brought him into bed with us hoping he would fall asleep, but he thought it was playtime. After a few minutes though, he settled down and wedged himself between us and rested his head on my chest. Dada put his arm around the both of us and we lay like that for a few minutes. I thought to myself, "I couldn't ask for anything more..."

It didn't last too long because Matty became restless again, but it was the perfect beginning to my 30th birthday :)

Also, today I share my birthday with one of my favorite blog hops:




Photobucket

No comments: