Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mama's Bed, Movies and More

Let me tell you a secret.

Matty slept with us last night. All night. Shhhhh.

But it was at hubby's request so he can't nag me about it...ha.

It's the first time Matty has spent the whole night with us; we normally transfer him to his bed if he falls asleep in ours.

Last night, hubby worked late, so Matty and I fell asleep in what he refers to as "mama's bed." Too cute. When hubby got home, he wanted to keep Matty in our bed since he hadn't seen him all day.

I know there are folks who are totally against it and others who are completely for it. Truthfully, I'm not passionate about it either way. I love watching him sleep next to me, but I also like my alone time with hubby and the ability to stretch out and get a really restful sleep. Because with Matty in bed with us all night, I woke up a lot and it was cramped. Plus, he woke a little earlier than usual, but it was worth it to see his sweet face smiling at me as the birds were chirping outside our window this a.m.

Thoughts on letting your child sleep in your bed?

So both last night and this morning, I tried to get Matty to watch Where the Wild Things Are.  We didn't get very far.  He's still too young to be content for very long with anything other than cartoon type stuff I guess. We did get far enough into it that I got to hear one of my favorite quotes from the movie...

"I have a sadness shield that keeps out all the sadness, and it's big enough for all of us."  

Love it.

And as a mom, it so completely conveys how I feel about my little family. I want to protect us from all negativity, and though I'm not delusional enough to believe that it's all sunshine and lollipops out there, I do want to try to make the best of the bad and make the good even better :) Life is Beautiful comes to mind...Roberto Benigni knows the perilous situation that they face at the concentration camp, but he makes it into a fun game so that his young son won't be scared. It is absolutely one of my all time favorite movies.

Today was gorgeous. Got to spend some time outside on the deck blowing bubbles with Matty...we could hear dada inside getting angry at those Philadelphia Flyers, lol. Other than the Flyers losing, it was a pretty nice day :)   

Tonight I'm off to see Water for Elephants with my sister. Girls night! Should be fun!

Photobucket

No comments: