Friday, April 15, 2011

Vacation Day

Matty had his 2 year check up this a.m., so I made a vacation day of it and got to spend extra time with my love. As we walked into the Dr.'s office this morning, I suddenly got choked up remembering the first time we ever brought him there when he was just a week old:


Oh my! It's crazy how quickly time is passing and how Matty has changed, but one thing remains the same: he is a beautiful, healthy boy!

After the appointment was over, we met up with Nana and cousin Juliana and headed to the Lehigh Valley Zoo. It is very tiny, but it is perfect for a 2 and 3-year-old like Matty and Juliana. It was a little stressful in that Matty will not stay in the stroller for very long and also does not like to hold hands for any extended period of time. He just takes off running in the direction he wants to go, which makes for a very tired mama tonight.  I definitely decided that we will be waiting another year to visit a major zoo like the Philadelphia Zoo.  I would never be able to keep up with him in those crowds and restraining him in his stroller the entire time would just lead to a screaming toddler...who wants that? No thank you. I'll stick with Lehigh Valley Zoo until next year.








We have a busy weekend ahead: an Easter egg hunt tomorrow morning as long as the rain holds off and a kid's fishing tournament on Sunday afternoon. Also, wanting to do some organizing, cleaning, crafting, reading and writing. And fingers crossed that I'll have a new nephew to meet!

Enjoy your weekend family time everyone!

Photobucket

1 comment: