Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"What's for Dinner?" Wednesday

Tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs. I've never made homemade meatballs before so I thought I would give it a whirl. I'm not one for measuring accurately, but I'll try and lay it out for you:

1 pound of 80/20 ground beef
2 eggs
1 C of Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 C of french fried onions (crushed)
1 T of low sodium soy sauce
1 T of dijon
1 T chopped garlic
salt and pepper

Mix thoroughly and roll into balls.



Cook in olive oil on medium heat.

I didn't get any shots of the finished product because my camera battery died. (Matty and I had a little photo shoot this afternoon, which killed it!)

They were pretty tasty for my first try!
I was going to attempt my own sauce as well, but my tomatoes had spoiled. I doctored up a jar of sauce with fresh basil and honey, but it was eh.

Your turn...

1 comment:

missykade said...

I'm following you from Welcome Wednesday!
We would love to have you visit back and follow us back!
Lucas's Journey with Sensory Processing Disorder
http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com/